in Research & Development, Technical Operations
We are looking for a QA Lead with a strong background in complex functional testing to develop and implement testing processes and procedures for Collective[i]’s multi-tenant analytical application service platform, as well as test and approve work performed by Product Development, Product Management, R&D, and Technical Operations to ensure that the product delivered to the market is bug-free and fully functional.
Our QA Lead must be highly self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team, must have extraordinary attention to detail, and must be passionate about and committed to working in a startup environment.
- Develop and manage quality assurance standards, metrics, and processes for various products
- Create and manage multiple test environments for testing functionality, scalability, performance and availability
- Develop, implement, and manage a full cycle testing framework, including manual and automated test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test suites
- Perform both front-end web based functional testing
- Interface with our development and client support teams in order to facilitate the optimal resolution of reported bugs, problems, incidents, and obstacles
- Perform black box and white box testing
- Evaluate manual and regression test differences, check requirements and extend test case coverage
- Manage and implement the full bug tracking cycle, and identify defects and enhancements
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience + 5 years QA experience
- Experience in complex functional testing for large-scale system projects
- UNIX, Linux, RMI, Swing, Hibernate, Tomcat, Eclipse, JNI, Maven, UNIX Shell, SQL, XML, C++, C, Java, JSP, Servlets, PERL, XQuery/Xsd
- Proficient (capable of writing a test script or test framework) in Java and JUnit
- Expertise in object oriented design and programming
- Experience with bug tracking and management software (e.g. JIRA or Bugzilla)
- Strong understanding of ASP (Application Service Provider) based solution development
- Working knowledge of web-based application development, preferably in a Java environment
- Clear understanding of product release cycles, code repositories, branching, labeling, and packaging
- An understanding of fundamentals of Decision Support, Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Multi-tenant and multi-lingual environments
- Unified Modeling Language (UML), Unified Process (UP), OpenUP
Thanks and good luck!
Collective[i] offers great benefits, competitive salaries, equity, and perks like free snacks and drinks in the office and discounted gym memberships. We’re conveniently located in Flatiron near several subway lines and commuter rails and buses, and our neighborhood has a lot of great restaurants and fun things to do.
The best part about working here is being surrounded by smart, down-to-earth, passionate people and knowing that we’re building a product that will revolutionize how businesses use Big Data.
Collective[i] is an equal opportunity employer.